POW’s during World War II lived in some of the most unbearable living conditions imaginable. Those who survived the Bataan Death March were among the most ill treated people on the earth. In his biography, Russell A. Grockett, Sr. tells of some of these horrible circumstances. He was on the Bataan Death March from April 1942 until August of 1945. During that time he faced starvation numerous times, often times having to eat food that virtually no one alive today would consider eating. He also survived beatings at the hands of his Japanese captors as well as facing the dangers of cholera, dysentery, and other illnesses.
It is amazing to think that someone had the ability to watch over one hundred people die every day, and still maintain some level of sanity. How did he and the other 4,000 who survived the march do it? They maintained some amount of hope…they had hope for a better time and a better place. After time, it has been assumed; their minds became conditioned to accept that better time and place; and that made the horrible present bearable. Understanding that the mind controls everything will help you to control the outcome of any event by simply controlling the thought. “There is nothing good nor bad, but thinking makes it so”. This same practice can be applied into the lives of everyday people.
The truth is that mindset is EVERYTHING when it comes to success…no matter what you’re trying to succeed at. Your mind is the engine that will drive you toward and to your goal. The truth is that most of us are just too busy being comfortable with where we are, as opposed to taking the risks necessary to be successful. You’ve got to want all of it, all of the time.
Often, when a person is in a rut the most effective way to break free is by some positive, forward thinking. In every endeavor in life, your first steps will not be simply with your feet, but within your mind. Your thoughts will be before, and much more important than any actions in fact. Some people have found that if they wake up every morning and say, “It’s a great morning, and It’s going to be a great day.” They will find themselves naturally gravitating toward their dominant thoughts. That is forward thinking. That is positive attitude. That shows just how success can begin in the mind. If you understand the mind you will be able to control it. If you can control it you decide what type of thoughts come and go and what thoughts stay.
Life has a way of stopping you from achieving your dreams, desires and life goals, doesn’t it? It can cause you to experience stress, strain, tension, anger, frustration, etc. which all lead to dis-ease.
Since running a home business can be pretty tough mentally, most people don’t quite understand how important it is to have BELIEF.
Having belief means that you see not only the possibilities of something to be achieved, but more important the belief that YOU CAN achieve it. This is SELF-BELIEF and it’s essential to achieving any goal…and it actually has the power of helping you achieve things nobody else ever believed you could achieve.
If you become what you think about, then simply think about what you want to become. If you have a desire to be the best sales professional in your company,then picture yourself having already achieved it. We always act in a manner consistent with our beliefs. It has been said, “As a man thinketh, so is he.” If you continue with your current frame of thinking, you will continue in your current direction of travel.
Our minds look for a degree of stability or balance in all aspects of life. If we become unbalanced from what our self-concept perceives, we will do things to bring us back into balance. A person will be unable to earn an amount of money that is unrealistic to his or her self-concept. I have known many people that had had huge opportunities for growth, they did not believe they had the ability for such growth and they failed.
If you think that you have got what it takes to achieve what these people do on a daily basis, then I suggest that you follow these few simple guidelines to develop your own mindset of wealth.
- Believe that you can have wealth and success too. If you doubt yourself then there is always the chance that you will overlook many opportunities and sabotage your own efforts for success and wealth. If you don’t believe that you deserve to be wealthy, it is like taking one step forward and two steps back, you’ll get nowhere.
- Develop a consciousness for opportunity. You must ask yourself how you can improve upon everything around you. How can I make it better, faster, easier and more enjoyable for people, all the while turning a profit? By asking yourself these questions about everyday things around you, opportunities will begin to present themselves to you. By serving other people, you will achieve wealth.
- Develop your skill set, making yourself more valuable to other people who may be in need of your skills. Organize your time and your life relatively. Make contacts with those who are achievers, network more, put yourself out there more. Stay away from under achievers.
- Start working on developing a sustainable passive income as soon as you are able to. A passive income is the sort of thing that you set up once and are continuously paid for and rely on. This is the real secret to becoming wealthy. By selling your time or getting paid by the hour, your income is limited, because there is only so much time in the day. The importance of a passive income can not be over emphasized.
- Visualize yourself with an abundance of wealth, see yourself approaching complete financial independence. It does exist, you just need to take it.
- You get out what you put in. What I mean by this is, keep negative thoughts out of your mind. Guard yourself from what enters your thoughts. Pay close attention to what other people say to you, making sure to cancel out all negative thoughts. More importantly pay very close attention to your internal dialogue. Especially when it comes to financial matters and your own personal wealth. Listen extra closely to what the wealthy people have to say to you, they can often offer you a wealth of knowledge, if they are dead broke, run away as fast as you can.
- Think of money as if it were energy. The amount of money that you receive or pay out should always be equivalent to the amount of energy that you expend. If you truly believe that you should be receiving more money, then all that you need to do is to think of how you can increase the amount of energy that you put into your efforts at the same time delivering more value.
(A tale of hope, wishes, dreams, and what can happen when you just believe! It really is all about changing your mindset!)
We have all known other people with less opportunity and they accomplish greater heights due to an elevated self-esteem. What is self-esteem? I believe it to be how you feel about yourself. I believe the more you like yourself the higher your self-esteem will be. When you like yourself, you become a likeable person; people that are similar will be attracted to you. Once again, you will be given the opportunity to be blessed with the law of synergy. It is vital that you have a positive self-image, you need to believe in yourself; you need to understand there is nothing you can’t accomplish if you only put your mind to it. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you are successful! If you hear something enough you will start to believe it; once you believe it you will become it.
Belief is all about looking for clues, and then forming the belief within yourself that it’s possible for YOU to achieve your goal, or complete the task. If you can find the clues for having belief in yourself…for anything that you want to achieve…then that’s the first step toward achieving the mindset for success.
Everyone yearns for success. What separates the haves from the have-nots is the action of transforming it from a yearning into a knowing and, finally, a doing. As Dr. Frank N. Furter once said, “Don’t dream it, be it.”
People that are raised with a particular set of values have a self-image to parallel their values or goals. Their mind desires to have a degree of balance or to simply live in harmony with its values. If an individual believes one thing and continually does something in contrast to their beliefs they can become imbalanced. Their brain has a difficult time bringing itself into harmony. The brain will even go as far as to create two totally separate identities in order to balance the differences. With the mind so dependent on it’s balance it will not allow you to achieve more than your self-image thinks your capable of. The only way you can overcome this is to elevate your self-worth, know you are created for something better than you have now. Know that you can have anything you desire you just have to convince your mind it is achievable. Once your mind believes it and its part of your self-concept you will have no problem accomplishing it.
Everyone yearns for success. What separates the haves from the have-nots is the action of transforming it from a yearning into a knowing and, finally, a doing. As Dr. Frank N. Furter once said, “Don’t dream it, be it.” Being successful is within your grasp, and the more you embody a positive mindset the faster you’ll manifest your own personal dream of wealth and happiness.
TO YOUR SUCCESS,
Check out The Success Full Life Mindset……a Great Place to Learn More About Our Mindsets…..